Our information handling practices are governed by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Health Privacy Principles in the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) (Health Records Act) and any other applicable laws governing privacy.
Who Are We?
The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria Limited, ACN 006 728 785, Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale, Victoria (referred to in this document as RASV or We or Us).
What Do We Collect and Why Do We Collect It?
There will be situations in which it is necessary for us to collect information about you. The RASV collects, holds and uses personal information such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, tax file numbers, banking and credit card details, qualifications, results of entries into RASV events and compliance with regulations and standards when participating in RASV events. We may collect personal information, including health information, from medical practitioners, St John Ambulance officers or other health service providers attending RASV events. We may also collect personal information from other Royal Agricultural Society bodies and breed societies.
The RASV collects personal information for the purpose of administering RASV events and related matters such as:
- publication of winners' information in RASV publications;
- provision of health services during RASV events; maintenance of records of information relevant to qualification for future events;
- maintenance of records of incidents and accidents that occur during RASV events;
- providing applicable insurance cover for participants in certain RASV events; and
- making claims on RASV's insurance in relation to any incidents or accidents in connection with an RASV event.
- If you contact us with a query or a request for information (including through our website) we will use the personal information you give us to respond to your query or request.
The RASV collect personal information in order to administer RASV memberships and manage our relationship with employees, contract workers and service providers. If you are an employee or are working for us on contract, some different considerations apply given your particular relationship with RASV. Please contact the Privacy Officer for details.
Unless you indicate a preference not to receive such material, we may also collect personal information about you so you can receive material about future RASV events or other promotional opportunities.
You will be able to unsubscribe at any stage if you do not wish to receive information from the RASV.
Who Do We Tell?
Sometimes it is necessary for us to share information with third parties to carry on our business.
These parties include:
- co-sponsors of RASV events;
- medical practitioners, St John Ambulance officers and other health service providers attending RASV events;
- telecommunications and other service providers providing services to participants in RASV events;
- insurance providers, in order to provide applicable insurance to participants or to make claims under the RASV's insurance in relation to incidents or accidents that occur during an RASV event; and
- other Royal Agricultural Societies and breed societies recognised by the RASV.
If you are a member we have informed about the possibility of providing third party promotional opportunities, and you have not indicated that you prefer not to receive them, we may disclose your information to third parties so they can provide you with these promotional opportunities.
We will generally tell you more about who we share information with and why in the context of your particular dealing with us. If legal or health and safety issues arise we may also have to make disclosures to relevant organisations to deal with these matters.
What About Cookies?
A "cookie" is a small message given to your web browser by our web server. The browser stores the message in a text file, and the message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Comments or Corrections
You may have some rights of access to personal information the RASV holds about you. To correct or update your personal information, or if you have any queries regarding personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephoning (03) 9281 7444 or writing to Privacy Officer, RASV Limited, Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale, Victoria 3032.
If you are unhappy that personal information about you has been included in one of our publications, please let us know. Where reasonable, possible and practical we will remove that information at the next practical opportunity.